Our signature fundraiser and community event, Food for Thought, is coming up on Wednesday, May 29th 6:00-8:30 PM. It’s an evening of scintillating discussion with 10 engaging people from the community, augmented with a full dinner, wine, coffee, tea, dessert, and a silent auction. Guests buy tickets for $50 each and choose at which table they’ll sit for the evening. At each table is one discussion leader, who kicks off the discussion and then brings in all the guests at the table to question and comment.
We’ve posted the discussion leaders’ biographies with pictures – here’s a preview of the pictures.
It’s always a fun evening, and an enlightening one. The event is good not just for us, the LCA, but also for the greater Las Cruces community, to see the depth and breadth of what’s happening her and the good people of the area who help make it happen.
Last year’s event, on 30 May 2018, was enjoyed by many; we captured moments on a page posted shortly after the event.
You and your friends can purchase tickets, $50 per person, in advance or at the door, which opens (nominally! People come early) at 6 PM. As you purchase your ticket or as you sign in, you choose which discussion leader’s table at which you like to dine. [Please note that tables seat up to 10 people, the discussion leader and 9 guests. We will work at providing timely notice of any tables that have filled up.]
You and our event workers (LCA parents and friends) mingle for about half an hour, with complimentary coffee, tea, water, and sangria. Near 6:30, you sit at the table with your chosen person. Each circular table seats up to 10 people, a good size and geometry for easy conversation. Several tables at a time go through our buffet of tasty food. Back at the table, we’re serving water, red and white wine, coffee, and tea. Then it’s your go, until the discussions wind down as you choose (a bit after 8, when our great workers begin cleanup). During the discussions, feel free to hop back to the silent auction area to place bids or new bids. Around 7:30, we’ll be around to announce the winning bids.
Tickets can be purchased
- with cash or check in advance from our LCA families, should you know someone,
- at the school in the daytime, or
- with a credit card online – after a software upgrade (about 25 April); till then, the form at the end will create a reservation for you, with payment accepted at the event. Please see the bottom of this page.
- At the door, all three options are available. Several of our workers will have Square readers for credit cards. You can use the same three options for silent auction items.
We thank, as we do every year, the businesses who donate the food, the businesses and individuals who donate silent auction items, the work put in by our volunteers, at the event and for weeks in advance, and, most importantly, you, for being there. It is a rewarding evening for all.
Below is a way to buy a ticket or several tickets securely. Please note:
- Your request for seats (your choice of discussion leader(s)) will be honored to the best of our ability. Tables do sell out now and then, sometimes suddenly. We work at keeping the seat availability numbers up to date, and we’ll contact you if your request needs a change.
- Our page sends you a brief confirmation that your reservation has been recorded. After about 25 April, the form will also have the capability of accepting payments online.
- If you have any trouble with table selection or payment, please email Vince here. Thanks.
Oops! We could not locate your form.